VII BETA PUBLICA EDITION TERMS & CONDITIONS JUNE 2020
The BETA PUBLICA Association in collaboration with the Cultural Center Paco Rabal and the Culture Department of the Autonomous Community of Madrid announces the Showcases of the VII BETA PUBLICA EDITION, part of the BETA PUBLICA project, than will run June 6th and 7th 2019 at the Theater of the Cultural Center Paco Rabal of the Autonomous Community of Madrid, 13th Felipe de Diego Street, 28018 Madrid according to the following terms and conditions:
Open Call and selection process.
- The choreographic showcases are open to the participation of Creators from any country in the world. Like in previous editions, the organization will provide a stipend to all choreographers selected and also some financial assistance for travel and accommodation for non- resident Creators in the Autonomous Community of Madrid.
- The choreographies presented can be final or work in process, originals or reviews of previous works. They have to be contemporary pieces adapted for presentation in a conventional stage space with multimedia resources. One the works selected will perform in the Theater Entrance Hall (“The Lobby”) as the first piece of the show.
- The works must be no longer than 15 minutes and may be fragments of longer pieces. Pieces exceeding 15 minutes will not be accepted.
- There are no limits in the number of performers.
- BETA PUBLICA is not a contest, but an integrated project to support the choreography creation. Besides the Choreographic Showcases, it includes and Online Platform to facilitate the connection of the creators with the public. Therefore there are not awards.
- The creators who wish to participate should do all the registration process using the registration form at www.betapublica.org
- Among all the nominations registered, the Association will select a maximum of 7 works. Of these works: One (1) is automatically selected by the online vote of the users in the Association´s Instagram profile (( https://www.instagram.com/betapublicapv/), provided the proposal meets the artistic criteria of BETA PUBLICA. The rest, including a work of the new PRO.BETA initiative, will be selected by the Association based on; their creative strength, originality and/or the maturity of the choreographic work.
- In this EDITION, and thanks to the collaboration of the Autonomous Community of Madrid and the Cultural Center Paco Rabal of the Autonomous Community of Madrid, the selected artists will receive an stipend, estimated in €250 per creator, for his/her involvement in the Choreographic showcases to be held June 6th and 7th 2020, plus a video that the creators can use to promote their piece. The selected artists should be able to invoice this stipend, or the amount we can finally provide, to the BETA PUBLICA Association.
- Additionally, this year the Organization will grant the following travel and accommodation aids, one per company, for creators not resident in the Community of Madrid:
- Creators resident in any autonomous community of Spain except Madrid: € 150
- Creators resident in any country of the world except Spain: € 250
- The selected artists should be able to invoice this travel aid, or the amount we can finally provide, to the BETA PUBLICA Association.
- The selected artists will give the organization image rights, both video graphic and photographic, of their performance and previous trials. BETA PÚBLICA will only use these recordings for archiving and for the promotion of future editions.
- Each of the selected artists will have 2 hours of in-stage rehearsal and technical try-outs, the 2 days prior to the showcases. Companies from outside Madrid will have preference to use this time the day before the first showcase. Also, each day of the showcase, there will be a general rehearsal where each creator will have time to make recordings, photographs etc.
- The registration opens on April 10th and the inscription deadline is May 1st 2020. Those selected will receive the communication the week of May 4th 2020.
- The creators are committed to support, by all means available to them, the promotion of the showcases: communicating them in their social networks, providing the organization pictures, access to rehearsals, videos, etc. to communicate in BETA PUBLICA social networks as well as accept to conduct interviews (radio, tv, internet) as defined by the organization.
- From the communication of the selected creators, they will also be promoted from the website and social networks of the Association.
2. Artistic criteria and technical limitations.
- BETA PUBLICA is a nonprofit organization for the development and communication of the contemporary choreographic creation and part of its mission is to provide opportunities for new and established choreographers to work in conjunction with the public through the Online Platform, show their latest work and receive feedback, support and sponsorship of the public in the Choreographic Showcases.
- BETA PUBLICA is open to all variations of contemporary dance and to performances, using as a foundation the contemporary dance language and, merging other languages, dance styles, theater, video, circus, etc.
- The venue for this EDITION is the auditorium of the Cultural Center Paco Rabal of the Autonomous Community of Madrid, with a capacity of 358 seats and a stage 9 meters of mouth, 9 meter deep and 4.6 m. high in the front (12 m. from stage to comb).
- Due to the characteristics of the showcases is not possible to prepare complex lighting designs for any piece. The organization will provide 2 lighting special effects per piece and we will do our best to show the pieces as they were created.The stage props will be translated, installed and removed from the scene by members of the group and/or at their cost.Pieces using substances that can mess anyway the stage will not be accepted.
- Every showcase day, at the end of the presentations there will be a 20 minutes open Q&A, between the audience and the artists with a moderator. Attendance of the creators and performers to this session is mandatory.
- The selected artists should bear all fees and costs resulting from intellectual rights of music and other items they may use in their works as certified when confirming the registration. The Organization is not be responsible for any of these concepts.
3. Acceptance of the terms and conditions
Participation in the VII EDITION OF BETA PUBLICA implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.